FAQ - EN
This happens frequently. When you register on the ACSA Student Portal and purchase the PCST course, you are only purchasing the PIN that you will need to register and/or enroll in the course on the E-Learning Centre. We’ve developed some user-friendly instructions that show you the steps to follow to get your PIN from your account on the ACSA Student Portal, and then use the PIN to take the course on this site. Click here to download these instructions.
When you open the PCST course and no content appears on the white background within 30 seconds, the Flash plug-in required to view the course is either not installed or disabled in the browser you are using. There are two ways to resolve this issue:
- The easiest (and recommended) solution is to switch to the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome is free browser that comes with a pre-installed Flash plug-in. If Chrome is not already installed on your computer, you can download and install it by clicking here.
- If you prefer sticking with your current browser, you will need to install and/or enable the required Flash plug-in. The Adobe Flash Help website provides user-friendly step-by-step instructions to help you do this.
Your Username and password will be created by yourself.
- Your Username must be a valid email address. i.e. email@example.com as you will receive a confirmation email when you enroll in a course and a another when you successfully complete a course.
- Please ensure you are not using an email address of a learner that may potentially enroll in one of our online courses, as the system will only allow an email address to be used the one time.
- Your password can be anything that you choose there are no minimum requirements.
Our site will automatically send you your password as long as you know what e-mail you used to register on our site. Try the following:
- Enter your email in the Log in area on the Home Page and click >Log In.
- This will bring you to the BuildForce Login Page.
- Click the Forgot your password? link.
- This will bring you to the Forgot My Password page. Enter your e-mail and click >Send. If your e-mail is correct and valid, the site will e-mail you your account password.
- Just to be safe, once you are able to log in to your account, you should change your old password.
The requirements for completing BuildForce e-learning courses are specific to each course and will vary. You can view the Catalogue for more detailed information on course requirements.
A certificate of completion is generated upon successful completion of any BuildForce e-learning course. Certificates can be downloaded from the following locations:
- Completion Notification E-Mail - A link to the certificate is included in this e-mail, which is automatically sent to learners once they have completed a course.
- My Courses Page - When you complete a course, a Certificate button appears in the course description tile on your My Courses page. Any time you need a copy of this certificate, all you have to do is login to your account, click this buttom and a pdf of your certificate is generated for you to download and/or print.
Yes, most of our courses are accredited by the Canadian Construction Association's (CCA) Gold Seal Certification, and credits are awarded upon successful completion of these courses. For more information on individual course accreditation, see the Catalogue
Click here to see a list of technical specifications for our current e-learning courses.
There are no time limits on our courses, so you can take as long as you need to complete them.
Yes, once a course has been completed learners are granted unlimited access to review the course content.
You can download the latest version of flash from the Adobe website.
A bookmark is an easy way to find your place in the course you are completing. This will allow a learner to exit the course and return at the exact same spot they left off without having to start over. It works in the same fashion as placing a dog ear in a book you are reading.
Ensure you have latest version of Flash. You can download the latest version from the Adobe website for the free download.
Please ensure to turn-off your pop-up blockers.
- Click tools from Internet Explorer
- Click Pop-up blockers
- Click turn off pop-up blockers
A Pop-Up Blocker assists in stopping pop-up windows from interrupting your time online.